Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Water Reminder

Since I've fallen a little short of my 8-cup water intake the last few days, I thought this might be a good time to talk about the necessity of drinking the all-important H20.

Not only does water help combat the effects of excess salt in our system, it actually helps suppress your appetite, too. As well as keeping you hydrated, helping you flush toxins out, etc. It truly is a multi-purpose drink--we women ought to love that!

Having a daily intake of 8 cups of water during weight loss is invaluable, and continuing with that plan after you've reached your goal is recommended, as well. So why did I slip and only get about 6 cups into me the last couple of days?

BATHROOM BREAKS UNWANTED!

Yes, the dreaded consequence of sticking to the high water intake is that you also frequent the restroom far more often. It's a fact that I can usually live with as I'm at home most of the time, so a bathroom is always available. I think, for me, I was just being lazy these last few days. So, now that I've addressed this concern, I'm vowing to get back on track. I've drank 4+ cups all ready today. So I'm getting there.

I encourage you all to start drinking water. If you can't manage the 8 cups upfront, start smaller and gradually build yourself up. The bathroom breaks do decrease in frequency once your system adjusts to your new intake level of water. It doesn't ever go back to the way it was before you started consuming the great clear liquid in the masses, but it does taper off a little, at least.

So turn your tap on, pour it into a nice large glass, and enjoy!! If you want to add a wedge of lemon to it, go ahead, that is a really refreshing drink and still counts as water consumption even with the little flavoring it gives. Coffee, tea, and those flavored waters shouldn't be included in your water consumption calculation for the day. They should be in addition to it.

Blessings,

Eileen

No comments: