Monday, April 28, 2008

Pizza

Every one loves pizza. Right? I know I do.

While I was losing weight I refrained from enjoying the traditional pizza one orders in, though.

As my family downed a couple boxes of greasy, and oh so tasty pizza, I pulled out a Weight Watcher's pita, spread a tablespoon of diet spaghetti sauce on it and sprinkled on my measured 1 oz of low-fat mozzarella cheese, then topped it with an array of fresh vegetables and grilled chicken. Next, I slid it into the oven and let it roast until the cheese melted and the veges softened some. Amazingly enough, I really enjoy this style of pizza and it contains far less fat and calories than the tradition pizza does.

Now that I'm at goal, I must admit I will now join my family for the odd slice of traditional pizza and my body does handle it well. But that's because I practice control. I don't eat more than a slice or two as my whole meal and I round it out with fresh veges or fruit to get some healthier food into me at the same time.

I still make those lower calorie pizza's on pita's from time to time and quite enjoy them, too. So, do yourself a favour and try creating your own personal pizza the healthy way the next time your family orders in. You may discover that you like them even better. Your body will sure appreciate the alternative, anyway!

Blessings,

Eileen

No comments: