Friday, April 18, 2008

Appetite Reducer

I found another way to keep my appetite down.

STAY BUSY!!

Honestly, I've been so busy this week working on my writing and my writer's blog that I haven't had time to go upstairs and eat.

I sip my water and my coffee all day long and seem to forget lunch until it's nearly 2:00 in the afternoon. Then I force myself to go upstairs and eat. But because I have so much to do back down in my office, I grab my healthy raw veggies (all ready prepared in a container or bag, as the case me be, for quick snacking) and this week I sliced some precooked chicken breast onto a whole wheat pita that I slathered some low-fat tzatziki sauce onto and sprinkled it with diced cucumber and ta-da my tasty, healthy lunch was ready in minutes and went down the hatch even faster. Okay, you may breathe now. That was a mouthful wasn't it?

And, no, for those of you questioning if I eat the same thing every day, day after day, I don't. But this week my lunches were certainly consistent. I mixed up my breakfasts and suppers really well, though.

So, here is my tip of the day: Find a hobby, and no, eating is not a hobby! It is a necessity of life, but in moderation and with discipline adhered to most of the time.

Get busy and fill those hours that you usually tend to snack in with your hobby, or extra chores, or brown-nosing the boss by doing extra work. Around here the weather has been great lately (not that I've seen much of it since I'm down here in my little haven, aka office, but I do have to take my puppy out for potty training every once in awhile) so what about doing some spring chores, raking the yard, cleaning out the flower beds, beautifying your yard, and if you haven't as of yet, get rid of those "LET IT SNOW" signs before someone belts you one!

Okay, now I better get back to Curtis and Katrina and dream up some more conflict for them to traverse and somehow grow their relationship within.

Blessings and have a great warm weekend ahead!

Eileen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Staying Busy, is such good advice. I now believe I had naps not only because I was tired, but it also kept me from food - you can't eat and sleep at the same time! lol. Now that I've replaced my nap time to "Gym work out" time, I rejuvenated when I get home and have no desire to nap, so I'm back to the issue of sacking before dinner...hmmmmmmmm what to do...I have a healthy piece of fruit and then thanks to this great weather I've been working on weeding my garden for an hour once dinner is in the oven.Now I just hope i'm pulling weeds and not new plant growth - my mother didn't hand her green thumb down to me!lol
oh p.s. 11 weeks at the gym and 15.2lbs., 2% body fat down the drain. Colleen St. Cath