Monday, April 7, 2008

Something for Cravings.

Supplements aren't for everyone, but if you decide to try some out you should really consult a physicial or homeopath first, to be sure the products are safe for you. One supplement you may wish to ask about is L-Glutamine. It is a wonderful herbal product that lowers the frequency of cravings and helps you to make good choices.

During the end of my weight loss phase, when I was getting antsy, I started taking three 450mg capsules of L-Glutamine per day. It really helped me to STOP and ponder the consequences of my actions. More often than not, I chose the healthy road, rather than the sweet or salty morsels I originally set out to consume. I took one capsule a half hour to an hour before each meal.

This is more a brain power supplement, than a weight management one. It actually helps your brain to function better, thus allowing you to think your choices through more clearly.

I had heard that to get the best result with this you should actually open the capsule and mix it with water. Swish it around in your mouth so that your saliva mixes with it before swallowing. I took it this way and I really did feel a difference after a few days of consistently taking it. I had less cravings, as I was automatically feeling more positive and wanting to make the healthy choices.

Again, if you are interested in trying this out, please consult your doctor or homeopath and see what they recommend first. They may know of something else that will support you and your weight loss plan even better. If so, please do share it with us.

All the best to you as you work toward the healthier you,

Eileen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been using the L Glutimine for about 3 weeks now. It took a bit to notice a difference, but now I don't have a meal without it. I've noticed a big difference in my choices when I remember to take the supplement before the meal. I also find my portions are smaller when I've take the L Glutimine. colleen st. cath