Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mind Power

Hi, All:

I've been asked a time or two if I used "mind power" to achieve my weight loss goal.

Well...the simple answer is, YES.

I believe anyone purposely working toward losing weight is influenced by their personal outlook, and whether or not they practice a positive or negative attitude toward their set agenda will certainly affect the outcome.

Remember that old "I think I can. I think I can." chant? I challenge you to take it a step further and switch it to, "I KNOW I can, I KNOW I can..."

Believe in yourself and you've crossed the first hurdle of weight loss--you've gained the positive attitude that will help you overcome the inevitable setbacks that will test you along the way and continue to test you throughout the rest of your life during the perpetual maintenance stage.

Sorry folks, but that's the truth. If you are prone to packing on the pounds, this is a life long journey, it doesn't end when you reach goal, it's a cross you will bear the rest of your life so you would do well to accept it with a positive attitude!

Dare to imagine yourself with more energy, less fatty-tissue pain, clothes that fit comfortably that you can be proud to wear, an encourager for all who are struggling and can't imagine they'll be able to succeed like you have. But, oh, you're living proof that they CAN succeed. Envision yourself as an example of success. Dare to feel confident and secure in your choice to partake in that scrumptious cheese cake slice next time you socialize with friends or family. You've been disciplined all week, so you deserve the treat and won't feel a speck of guilt for enjoying it, afterall.

Dare to control your food intake and reap the benefits in so many ways!

Happy Positive Thinking Everyone!

Blessings,

Eileen

No comments: