Thursday, April 3, 2008

Don't be too hard on yourself!

If you're like me, it's a downward spiral when you chastise yourself repeatedly for unexpectedly eating a forbidden treat. I found when I was hardest on myself, I kept making the same mistakes over and over, like the evil deed snowballed or something.

I came to the realization that if I looked at those slips as just a well deserved treat--everyone needs a treat every once in a while--and allowed myself to enjoy the privilege of having had that treat, then I was able to get back on track all the quicker.

So, if you discover that once you slip, you tend to stay in a downward spiral, consider your reaction to the slip. If you're giving off negative energy, berating yourself, then what do you expect? You'll naturally gravitate to the negative, which happens to be more indulgences. Don't let that happen, choose the happy route instead.

Give yourself a break. Be thankful for the tasty treat, and get on with life and reaching your goals.

Onward with the fight,

Eileen

No comments: