Friday, May 16, 2008

Try this...

I thought I'd post a recipe today from my Magic Cuisine cook book. This is one that you can substitute any ground meat in. I've tried it with beef, turkey and chicken and have enjoyed each one.

Cottage Meat Loaf

1 1/4 cup Healthy Choice pasta sauce (I use the blue menu PC sauce)
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup cooked rice (I like the basmati rice)
1/4 cup chopped onion (chopped fine so the kids don't discover them)
1 cup chopped red pepper
16 oz ground turkey breast
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
2 tsp. brown sugar substitute

Preheat oven to 400F.

Mix one cup of the pasta sauce, eggs, rice, onion, and red pepper in a bowl until blended. Add ground turkey breast. Mix gently but thoroughly.

Line a 9" X 5" loaf pan with foil. Press in the turkey mixture.

Combine remaining pasta sauce, dry mustard, and brown sugar substitute in a bowl to make meat loaf topping. Spread over turkey mixture. Bake meat loaf for one hour or until done. Drain any fat. Let stand five minutes before serving.

Serves four.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,

Eileen

No comments: