Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Salsa vs. Sour Cream

Sorry, guys.

I'm behind in getting my Monday post up. Aren't I? Sorry!

I've been recovering from my weekend away which included way too much food despite a bad stomach ache that assaulted me Saturday evening. On second thought, maybe it was the fact that I ate so much that I got the stomach ache in the first place. But, really, the buffet style meals were wonderful and I loved their fruit salad each morning.

Anyway, on with my first tip of the week.

Sour cream is high in fat and thus we should minimize the use of it. However, doesn't it taste grand on a good baked potato? Mmmm, I'm salivating just thinking of it. BBQ season is upon us and those potatoes are bound to be baked more than mashed for the next several months, so I thought I'd offer an alternative. Give it a try and see what you think.

Pick up some low-fat salsa and instead of dipping your tortilla chips into it, try dabbing a tablespoon of the salsa on top of your baked potato. Forgo the butter and sour cream this time and try this new thing out. You'll save unwanted calories and get a whole new taste from your potato! Remember, it's good to mix things up and this is a simple way to do that.

Happy barbecuing everyone!

Blessings,

Eileen

No comments: