Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tiny Sacrifices

Okay, I seem to be hitting that alerting number way too often lately.

Here we go again to rid myself of the extra two pounds. I'm starting to believe I'm on some kind of nasty roller coaster. Perhaps it's because I haven't been walking near enough lately. My dogs are depressed about that, so that alone should get me back on track. Right! Anyone in particular want to join me on those walks two or three times a week? I could use some accountability right about now. Just asking. No pressure, K.

Anyway, I'm back to being severely disciplined again. I had my 1/3 cup bran buds with 1/3 cup skim milk and a sliced banana for breaky. For lunch, once again I was rushing for orthodontal appointments, so I stopped at good old Tim's and picked up a 6" egg salad sandwich on whole wheat. Okay, that wasn't so good. Too many carbs and likely way more mayo than I ever should consume in a week, much less a day. But a girl's got to eat.

For dinner, I'm baking a salmon steak seasoned with lemon juice and enjoying fresh peppers, zucchini, celery, and a couple baby carrots to help offset the lunch oops.

The tiny sacrificing part--well that comes from me having the above instead of what the rest of the family will enjoy. Chinese Noodle Casserole. That baby has way too much sodium in it for me with the cans of tomato soup and mushroom soup in it. But my oldest will have a very tender mouth as her bottom braces settle in, so I have to make something easy to chew. Something "soft" as she describes it. Fresh veges just won't do. Wonder if the rest of the family will join me with the fresh vege's, though. I hope so!

So, if you're being disciplines and sacrificing calories like I am today. Don't feel alone. We'll trudge through these tiny sacrifices together and watch those unwanted pounds disappear once more.

Blessings to all!

Eileen

No comments: