Monday, March 10, 2008

Examining Why?

A huge factor in the success of losing weight and keeping it off is our reason(s) for doing so.

My theory is that the more reasons you have for reaching or maintaining your goal weight, the better!

Let’s face it, our moods, desires, and needs change all the time. What was once your favorite pair of jeans that just fit so right, will one day change, and if you’re like me, that new favorite pair will just happen to be a size or two larger than the old faves were. Changing with the times, so to speak, can be a trap in which we all fall into from time to time.

So examine your reasons for setting this goal and keep adding new reasons to that list so that you will always have one that’s relevant at any given time and in any given situation.

It’s those reasons that will help you ward off dangerous cravings, make you ask for that doggy bag, give you reason to choose the boneless, skinless chicken breast with veges rather than the crispy fries and burger that just so happen to be available as well.

Make your reasons matter enough to give you pause. Those precious seconds could eliminate regret and backsliding on your journey to a healthier you!

I challenge you to take a few moments and discover a new reason or two to stick to this fight of getting the body and energy level you deserve.

Blessings to us all,

Eileen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this site! Read it all the time. I've lost my first 8 lbs. and 6.6" since Jan.24th by hiring a personal trainer at the gym. It's a lot of hard, sweatty work, but I feel so good after a workout that I'm now craving the gym at least 5 times per week. I journal my food intake daily and my trainer reviews it. I get weighed and measured once a month, my next weigh/measure date is April 14th and I'm hoping for another 10 lbs. gone. I've a long way to go, looking for a total of 140 lb. loss. With the support of my trainer, family and friends I'll do it. I'm hiding nothing this time, everyone I see I tell them I'm working on this, so they can help keep me motivated. Keep up the good work, this site is a true blessing to people like me. Colleen

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Awesome work, Colleen! Glad you figured out the whole comment thing. It's so cool that one of my sisters is the first to comment on this blog.

I look forward to seeing your progress--I promise, I won't harp, but I will encourage.

I'm planning on doing my walk with the dogs after I drop the girls off at the barn. The sun is shining, so it should be a great one.

You do the gym, I do the asphalt. Together, we'll fight this low metabolism thing.

Eileen.