Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Alerting number. Do you have one?

I tipped the scale this morning and not in the right direction, either.

I shouldn't be surprised. My children were on March break for ten days from school and my hubby took Monday to Wednesday off as well. In that time frame we visited Chucky Cheese (a pizza and arcade type place, although at least there I opted for the salad bar), Pizza Hut, had a Mexican night at home with a movie, enjoyed the local bakery a little too often and also dipped my hand into a bag a chips far too often. No wonder I gained 2 pounds over the last 10 days.

I discovered that since my pants didn't feel too tight by mid week I was feeling lucky. Maybe somehow my metabalism decided to act like I was twenty again and thus I could continue to enjoy the comforts of those days.

No. No. No. Bad idea to trick myself into thinking that way.

Today, I pulled out my most fitted jeans and forced them on just so I could feel their snugness to my growing curves once more. (I'm exaggerating of course, 2 pounds doesn't really make that great a difference, but if I don't get a handle on this the next additional 2 probably will.)

I've decided that that's my alerting number.

Do you have an alerting number?

I think everyone who has reached their goal should decide on one. That telling increase number of pounds that alerts you to get back on track, lose it, and work to maintain that goal weight once more.

If you make your number too high, then the struggle to lose it will be all the greater, so be cautious when chosing one, but also remember to allow yourself some room to enjoy those good old days every once in a while.

Pressing on with making healthier choices this week.

Eileen

No comments: