Thursday, September 25, 2008

Orange Peppers, Yes, but Purple, too?

It seems that each year I'm introduced to some new food. I remember one year it was broccoflower, then purple cauliflower, and this year it's Purple Sweet Peppers. Only they taste more watery than sweet, in my opinion. Who comes up with these twists on the basic fruits and vege's, anyway?

I suspect it's all for presentation.

Either way, although the purple peppers haven't hit home with me, I certainly am enjoying the abundance of yellow, orange, and red sweet peppers. No dip required with these colourful, taste-pleasing vege's, and that's a good thing. Dips are sneaky. It's difficult to measure what you're consuming when you are just dipping into a non-measured container. Inevitably you take in way more dip than you had planned. Who can blame you? It's so rich and creamy. Right?

Well, to be safe, I say lose the dip. Enjoy the raw vege's in their simplicity, and get all the health benefits without the added calories.

Happy Munching Everyone!

Eileen

No comments: