Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend -- The Aftermath

Oh, boy, I'm still dealing with an upset tummy, and it's not from the two bushels of concord grapes I juiced with my Dad, either, or the Turkey dinner we attempted to enjoy on Monday.


I was extremely stupid and ordered a Big Mac Meal from McDonalds on the way home on Sunday afternoon from my parent's place. We had stopped at a Tack Shop in Beamsville on route home, and then ducked into the nearby McDonalds for lunch. BIG MISTAKE!


Usually, when we make use of a fast food joint, I order the salad. Salads are good, and good for you! But this time, since I hadn't had my turkey dinner yet I decided I'd splurge. I should have taken my husband's disbelieving glance as a serious warning when I ordered. He knew it wasn't a good idea, bless his heart.


But I didn't listen, and so four days later I'm still suffering the consequences. Bloated and my tummy aches as though it is always overstuffed. I'll not be ordering anything but salads from fast food joints for a good long time from now, I promise.


I'm going to sound like a broken record, I know. But water does seems to be helping. Today, the ache isn't quite as bad, though the bloating is still present. What do you do to rid yourself of tummy aches brought on by stupid choices? Any suggestions?


Blessings,


Eileen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I haven't had a Big Mac in at least a year and I think I'll remember your agony if I ever do think of having one.LOL As for suggestions??? Don't have any really to give you relief, but I will offer "take your husbands loving looks, more seriously next time", in this case the man knew what was right. Hope your better real soon and pump the water! Colleen