Monday, September 7, 2009

Getting the miles in...

With a bad knee that likes to do tricks sometimes, I'm confined in my choice of exercise. Walking seems to be one that I can do without knocking my kneecap out, so I'm especially fond of my treadmill laptop table. I'm finding I'm really enjoying this invention and feel so much better about the amount of time I spend blogging and visiting and email catching-up because I do it all while walking my way to New York, NY right in the comfort of my own basement work-out room.

Last week I walked a total of 18.39 miles while interacting online. Now I'm only 478.81 miles from my destination. Sounds far still, I know, but it's not bad for only being at it for two weeks so far.

So, my problem isn't getting the exercise now, it's being disciplined about what I eat on this weight management journey. I'm trying really hard to drink six cups of water a day to ward off the appetite some, but still carbs find there way into my mouth and straight to my stomach when they definitely should not. I'm going to have to diligently start logging every morsel that goes into my mouth again, and pen it in before I actually eat it, to help it hit home.

How many of you are faithful loggers of your food and liquid intake? Do you think it would help if you started logging, if you haven't already?


Surrendering to Him,

Eileen

1 comment:

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Aughhhhhh! The dreaded log. Yes, if you're serious about weight, that'll do it. There are many things I can't bear to write down and forego.

Another method is to say grace before you eat anything. I'll grab a handful of potato chips, and stop to say, "Lord, thank you for this food [well, it technically qualifies as food, Lord]." About the time I start to say, "Please bless this food to nourish me," I can't keep a straight face or get the words out while looking at potato chips. So I go for an apple instead.

The trick to both methods is being faithful to do them.